Thursday, December 29, 2011

After all the craziness...

 
Well, I guess not ALL of it, we still have new years. But, I haven't sat down since halloween. It's been crazy round here and no time for resting. I hosted bunko in the beginning of November. Then Thanksgiving. Then preparing for Christmas, which seemed to go by awfully fast this year, yes? We really couldn't afford to spend lots on Christmas, so I decided to make alot of my gifts, which money wise was good, but holy cow took me way more time than I was expecting. I made Braidons little sisters wall decor for their rooms, which consisted of painting 2 magnent boards, 5 frames, and a shelf. Plus make all the stuff to go inside the frames...it was just craziness! Then, as if that wasn't an overload of craftiness, my sweet parents insisted on us not spending any money on them for Christmas. They told us it was rediculous and a waste, they already have everything they want. They just want us to love them and have testimonies. So, we suprised them with a scrap book of sorts, it had letters from all of us (my family, kristens, and my sister Meg's), telling them how much we love them and our testimonies, plus pictures. But, it was well worth it, my mom cried when we gave it to her.
Christmas was a fantastical time!
We made a spare of the moment trip to Arizona, to see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins. The eight hour drive kinda stank, but it was so much fun, and I'm so glad we were able to go. I haven't seen some of my cousins forever, due to school.
On the Wednesday before Christmas, my best friend Hilary Stavros, went through the temple, which of course was wonderful. Due to having a baby, I haven't been able to go for a few months. I really need to make more of an effort to go, I realized how much I missed it. It was a beautiful day.
Thursday we had our Bunko Christmas party. It was so much fun! I got the bestest of friends. We decided to have it be a couples party. So all brought our spouses, fiances, boyfriends. Sara was the host, and it was beautiful! The food was fantastic! Instead of 3 gifts, we just did 1 big gift, which yes Braidon and I won. How awesome! I never win (I think we all say that, haha)! But, it was a fun filled night. Thanks girls!
I may have stole this from Sara. :)
Our Ward Chrismas Party was on friday, so fun! Hilarious! KenLea got to sit on Santa's lap. She was shaking and whimpering while sitting on his lap, but she was mesmorized. She couldn't take her eyes off him. Then, while cleaning up, she decided that the big dust broom is the coolest thing ever, and followed my mom back and forth across the gym floor.
Kristen and Wade were here this year, which was wonderful! So we had a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner. Woke up Christmas morning, went and did Santa for KenLea at my parents. She was a hoot! There wasn't enough time before church to unwrap gifts, so we did breakfast and headed off to church, where I had to lead the Primary kids in a song, and play a cello solo. It was a beautiful meeting. We came home and unwrapped gifts. Where I got the best gift! Yes, my husband spoiled me. I've been wanting a DSLR for about two years now, and he got me the Canon EOS Rebel T3i. Got alot to learn, I do. ha But, I'm so excited! Braidon got his big gift a couple months ago, due to the fact that he will pry and snoop till he finds out what it is, he Hates suprises, weird! But, I got him a 22-250, which he's been able to put to good use anyways, so I guess it was ok that he got it early. My parents got KenLea one of those horses you can ride on. Already, she's gonna be a little rodeo girl. All by herself, she was bouncing on it, got up and stood on its back, then stuck one leg out to the side and rode it. Oh she's a character. Where does she come up with this stuff?
KenLea was spoiled of course. She got so many toys, she didn't know what to do with them all. But, that's how it is with the first huh.

Then Megan and her family came down Christmas evening. We had a big Christmas dinner, played some cards, and had a fun ol' time. The next morning, Olivia (my niece) wanted to do a tea party. My mom has these old, china cups and saucers, so we had a "hot chocolate" party. My mom made these yummy stirring sticks, peppermint candycane with a big marshmellow stuck on the end, dipped in white chocolate. It was to die for. My dad even joined in, with a pinky in the air while he sipped his cocoa, he's such a hoot! It was rather funny.

Delicious, I do say!
Then later in the evening we headed into town for Braidon's family Christmas dinner, where we had crab legs! Yes, soooo good! Sadly, KenLea hadn't been feeling so hot, she has had a runny nose, and was a bit of a grump.



And for those of you who didn't know, KenLea has been walking for over a month now. She started walking November 21st, five days before turning 8 months. I'm excited to see what the doc says next thursday at her 9 month appointment. She's a pro now, and has the cutest little walk. I didn't realize how rare this was till at our Ward Party where every person we talked too commented on how crazy it was. Well, I've got a little genius on my hands. She's gonna be smarter then me, here in a couple years. She's just growin like a weed, a Beautiful weed, she's just growing like crazy. She is so obedient though, she hates it, but she does what I say. I tell her "no," and she starts bawling, she stops what she's doing, but cries like it's the end of the world. It's kind of funny. And, she's starting to do the whole cry every time I leave the room thing, it's lovely! She also loves, loves, Loves animals. She loves to play with the dog and cats. She just jabbers, giggles, and gets the biggest smile on her face, even when she see's a picture in a book. She also, humms in church during the songs, it's bout the cutest thing ever! She's just the joy of my life. I can't imagine live before her. I love her so much, it's undescribable.
Well, hopefully all yall's Holidays have been wonderful! Till next time...go watch this http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/rmdG36A4LZfH17Cp?cmpid=jj_url, I may or may not have sent this to Braidon's side of the family. Yeah, we may have a weird sense of humor. But hey, it gives us a good laugh.

1 comment:

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Looks like a great Christmas!! Love all of your pics!! What a cute family!! :)