Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The downside...

...to being a mom, is having to watch your baby go through pain, and not being able to do much about it. That has been our weekend, and will linger for the next few days. Baby girl pulled one of our bar stools on top of her. The heavy wood hit her right in the mouth. She began bleeding everywhere. There was so much blood. I couldn't look in her mouth to see the damage, because it was full of blood. My poor baby girl was crying so hard. She was standing right next to me when it happened. I literally turned around for one second to set my camera down on the counter, and within that split second she grabbed to stool and pulled it right on top of her. After a good long half hour or so of crying and much bleeding, we were able to get some tylenol in her. Her top lip was so swollen, but she didn't want us trying to put ice on it. So my mom got a pop-cicle, and she sucked on that a little bit. While sucking on the pop-cicle, all of a sudden, she spit out her front tooth, root and all. I quickly grabbed it and called the pediatric dentist. Sadly, childrens teeth are un-savable, due to some long medical term where it will connect to the bone and make problems for the permenant tooth. So, we just have to let it be, meaning she is toothless till about 6 plus years old, when her permanent tooth comes in. Hopefully it will come in soon, like her baby teeth did.
Right before the fall.

A few days have passed now, and her poor little mouth is so sore. It looks aweful! Her gums are just torn up, and black and blue. She loves to chew on everything, and now when she tries to put things in her mouth, if she bites down on it the wrong way it hurts her. It makes my heart ache for her. She is such a strong little baby. When it happened and she was crying so hard, it was like she'd try to "man-up" and stop crying for a second, but then just couldn't because it hurt her so bad. She's amazing! 
I'm going to miss that cute little smile. She had the cutest little gap between her two front teeth. (Which, Braidon reminded me that she still has a gap, it's just now a bit bigger.) She still is the cutest little girl I ever saw, but as a mom you still feel bad. I feel sad that she had and has to go through pain, and have a missing front tooth for a few years. It was one of those things I really couldn't have done anything about. It happened so quick. Things like this happen, but I still give myself a hard time, like I should've stopped it somehow.
Becoming a Mom brings you closer to God. It helps you begin to understand his overwhelming love he has for us. I love KenLea more than I could ever begin to explain. It's an amazing feeling. I want so badly for everything to go perfect for her, but I know it wont. I can only pray and try my hardest to give her a good foundation. Teach her to be possitive and righteous. I look at this tragic event and try to look at it in a better light. We are so blessed that it was just a tooth, and not her nose, where we would've had to go do surgery. So, it always could've been worse. I have some amazing friends who have had to put their little ones through surgery, and I just think "Wow, You are amazing. Your little one is Amazing!" What a stress on the heart to watch your sweet child go through pain. I've had only a couple dramatic instances, where in these other mothers have had countless.
KenLea has taught me so much. She's only 9 months old, but is so wise. She gives theee BeST hugs! No, joke! She puts her arms around you and squeezes in and out super tight. In fact anybody who has gotten a hug from her, freaks out, says "Oh my goodness, She gives the best hugs!" and wants another one. Ha
Within an hour after her tragic event she was ready to move on; play, laugh, climb, etc...I'm the one who cant seem to move on. I'm a worrier, a deep thinker, a stay up all night because my brain wont shut upper. I really need to just calm down and not stress. I swear I'm gonna look 50 when I'm 30, because I stress way too much!
Needless to say, I have an A-mazing daughter, who I literally kiss all day. My dad thinks it is so funny, because I just kiss her randomly about every few seconds. I am so excited for my friends who are almost to their due dates. They are going to be amazing moms! I'm so lucky to have friends who know that we are here on this earth to be mothers. Being a mother is something I wish for every woman. And if you can't, then addopt. And if you don't marry, then get into primary! Because there is nothing more closer and dearer to God then our sweet children.
New Years Eve

2 comments:

Kayla said...

you guys are such a cute little family. i hope i'm as good as a mom as you are. it was so fun to see you saturday. thanks for coming!

Brenna said...

oh poor little sweetie! give her a kiss for me!