Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Life + Photography

As of the late;
(Hang in there, it's a bit long.)
KenLea has one month till her 1st birthday! Which is craziness. I can NOT believe that it's been a year already. I swear just last week I was having those dang 10 minute (no joke) lasting contractions. But yet, at the same time, it feels like she's been here forever.

She's cutting teeth, which is super fun! She's getting her molars, so she tries to shove everything into the back corners of her mouth to chew on, it makes for a lovely look.

We put KenLea's hair in pony tails for the first time. Her hair has been plenty long enough to do this for quite a long time now, but I just hadn't bought the little mini elastics till now.
I attepted my first practice photo shoot with my twin, which turned out to be more of a trek through mud. I definately learned alot. Like taking pictures by trees can be tricky. That I need to not be afraid of taking close ups. That lighting can be everything. That dogs get in the way, because they always want to be petted (is that a word?). That I shouldn't be afraid to just talk, like tell them what I want them to do. It's kind of awkward telling someone to pose a certain way, I think I'll get better as I gain confidence.  Things that I'm sure are super obvious, but for a beginer such as myself I'm just learning. I've never taken any type of photography class, so this is a self learning experience.

I went to the WPPI in Las Vegas, we only stayed like 2 1/2 hours, I seriously had the worst head ache ever that day! Urg! And I never get head aches. But it was fun, I saw more things than my brain could handle.
On our way to the WPPI

Braidon got his ACT test results back! He did really good. A relief for sure. Especially since he hasn't been in school for 5 years and he procrastinated studying till like 3 days before the test. Now, just for getting accepted, and getting all the paperwork, scheduling done, etc...

I've developed a wonderful twitch on my eye due to lack of sleep and stress. Don't ya just love that!

As if this exact second, KenLea is trying to walk around our living room in my slippers. Ahh, she makes me laugh.
She loves to go outside. We have to watch her like a hawk, because if we open the door she'll run for it.
KenLea is still just growin like a weed! A beautiful one of course. She is just amazing.

Braidon and I have started watching LOST (Yes, Elyse I know, finally huh:). But, you need to understand, I get scared super, SUPER easy! Like, I don't allow scary movies (What Lies Beneath, Six Sence, etc) in our house. And if you haven't watched Lost, it's scary! Ok, well maybe just to a big baby like me. It drives Braidon bezurk. Imagine; I sit on the floor, my back facing the TV, looking up towards Braidon, and during the scary part I just stare at him and continually ask "what's happening?!" because I can't look. But, for some reason, I keep wanting to watch the next episode. It's good! We usually watch a couple episodes before going to bed. And due to my "scardee-cat" condition, I have to always end my night with an episode of Friends, The Office, or The Cosby Show. Yes, I'm a nut job!

I went into the store Forever 21 for my first time. All I can say is I was wayyy overwhelmed! So much stuff! I didn't even get anything, it was like my brain couldn't focus. And, Braidon was with me, and he hates to shop, so I felt a little pressured. ha

Can I just say, Victoria Secret is way too expensive. Ok, maybe just for my wallet. I went in there, and holy crap! I could buy like 3 shirts for the price of one bra. Umm...?

I had my birthday this past weekend (feb 24th to be exact). You can tell when you've hit that "grown up" age, because you just sit at home all day. Dinner is basically the biggest event. ha.
I attepted my first practice photo shoot with my twin, which turned out to be more of a trek through mud. I definately learned alot. Like taking pictures by trees can be tricky. That I need to not be afraid of taking close ups. That lighting can be everything. That dogs get in the way, because they always want to be petted (is that a word?). That I shouldn't be afraid to just talk, like tell them what I want them to do. It's kind of awkward telling someone to pose a certain way, I think I'll get better as I gain confidence. Things that I'm sure are super obvious, but for a beginer such as myself I'm just learning. I've never taken any type of photography class, so this is a self learning experience.

Here are some of the pictures that turned out half-way decent. I still have alot to learn. I still don't have my photoshop uploaded yet, so I'm sure if I had that I'd be able to fix some of the shadowing. But...we'll get there.













Life is good! Isn't she a hottie!

4 comments:

boomer89 said...

Hey Happy Birthday, a little late:( but i hope it was a good day! Kenlea is getting too cute! I know about the stress thing. we are feeling it for sure right now. so much to do and either little time to do it or can't do anything till summer! Frustrating I know, hang in there. Take it one day at a time and remember to breath;)

braidonjuliedavis said...

Ah thanks! Yeah I hate having to make decisions. haha

elysebeard said...

I have one thing to say: YAY FOR LOST!!!! You really are a scaredy cat :)

Mandy said...

Looks good! You both are so beautiful!