Thursday, September 20, 2012

And you should too.


So, I joined this writing group. It's totally awesome! Especially for a stay at home mom, who can feel her intellect slowly slipping away. Now, I have never been very good at English, so I was a little worried because I know there are going to be lots of grammatical errors in my writing, but I figured "what the heck!" 
I definitely recommend joining!! Go to this page and learn more.
So, what happens is every Wednesday she gives us a new prompt, this weeks was "You're a serial killer. What TV shows are on your DVR list and why?" Well, I just couldn't bring myself to write a scary, horrific story about a nasty crazy, so this is what I came up with...enjoy nerds!

(click-fuzz-click) "Darn Direct TV," I yell out loud. I'm terrible with electronics! I swear I push the red, record button, but fifty percent of the time when I go to watch my recorded shows, they are no where to be found. Phew, atleast my Anime recorded. (Creepy giggle.) Anime is the most important show to my excistance. If only people knew the advantage they'd have, if they'd would just watch it. Never have I actually came into contact with Shinji, or Lelouch, but hopefully someday I will. If I die, I hope it is by somebody such as them. It would be humiliating to be killed by these stupid Joe-Shmoes, I mean who picks a warrior name such as "JerseyShore22," it's just a disgrace!
(Crying. Silent pondering. Evil snickering.)
I wonder what happens when you die? Have the ones I've killed so far been found by their mothers face down on their keyboard, or are they pathetic forty year old men, who live alone, and nobody found them for multiple days. Do they vanish into a pile of dust in their seat, or explode into a million pieces as I cast my spell of death?
As I walk slowly from my living room, into dimly lit computer closet I can feel my sweat begin to drip down my face. I stare into the black screen of my computer, looking at my reflection. My hair is slicked back into a tight, slick pony. I can feel my heartbeat steadily getting quicker, and my hands begin to sweat. "Calm yourself!" I yell into the screen. "You could die, if you don't get control of your pathetic emotions." Finally, I feel ready. I wait for my computer to turn on, and then I click the Icon. Oh the icon, just looking at it makes me scream. I love it! It's crazy how that little icon can make my thoughts go from fear to extreme excitement, as tingles run from my head, down my spine. "Sayuri," I quickly type into my login. (Loading...Run, run, run. Cast spell. Dodge spell. Cast spell. Dodge spell. Run, run. Hide for a minute. Run, run. Dodge spell. Cast spell. Sparkles.) I jump out of my chair. My smile reaches from ear to ear. I killed him! It serves him right for giving himself the name "Yukio," meaning; Happy Man. (Snort)
I wait for my computer to shut down. As it turns black, I again look at my reflection. My perfect pony, is now all skee-womp-iss. I must've pulled on my hair, either during that first battle, or during my rejoicing of my kill. I sit there in silence for a good ten minutes. Then I whisper to my reflection, "Today was not your day, and hopefully not tomorrow."
I grab my half eaten sandwich out of the fridge and sit down in my rocking chair. I scroll to my favorite episode of Gintama, the one I watch every night after my defeat. As I watch, I tell Jouishishi, my arch enemy, that one day I will meet him, and he better hope that his fate is not the same.
The End.

Now I have to tell you. I have never seen an Anime show in my life. I had to google everything. I just thought it would be a funny way to go about this prompt. So, join the group if you enjoy writing. It's a fun way to keep your mind from turning into mush. :)

2 comments:

Bobbi Hinton said...

Ba ha ha ha! This made me crack up! Definitely a more creative route than I was thinking. You rock!

elysebeard said...

Haha. Thanks for the shout out. I love your twist on this! So funny! I'm thinking about going the funny route too