Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time to think...

As I begin this new phase of life, and now that i've not been working the last couple of weeks, it's givin me lots of time to think. I think I've had a pretty blissful life. Of course there have been challenges along the way, but everything has turned out wonderful. I think when you're young you look so much on the here and now. Like when I was young, I was constantly playing outside, if i wasn't riding horses I was diggin in the dirt, fishing, riding my bike, workin in the garden, with no cares in the world.

Then when high school came along, it was sports. And Braidon! I loved playing soccer, most fun sport ever. Track was my highlight though. I was aiming for scholarships, I dedicated all my time to track. But, when it came time to choose where to go to collage, I chose not to take any of the running scholarships. I was done with competitive running. Don't get me wrong, I love running, but I knew that wasn't going to be my life. I had more important things to get on to. (This was at State Track my senior year, where we took state in our 4x4, and did really good in our individual events as well, what a awesome time that was, but not near as wonderful as the time I have before me. Good memories, but not eternal joys.)
I went to Dixie with a academic scholarship. Such a fun year! I moved down there with 4 of my really good friends, and I learned alot from them. I have such beautiful, wonderful friends who are such great examples, and I love them all. Yes! All of you :)
The next year I moved to Cedar and went to SUU, where I totally lost it. I failed a couple classes, which if you know me, I don't fail classes. I always had super good grades. I went through a super hard time, having to make major life decisions. But, finally I did get through it. And in August of 2009 I got engaged to the Love of My Life! We got married two months later, in the House of the Lord. Marriage is wonderful, yeah there are hard days, but you grow closer in those times.
Everyone tells you to wait till you are done with collage and have good secure jobs to start having kids, but Braidon and I felt so strong about having a baby. I prayed about it alot, and there were a couple times where we thought I was pregnant, and when it turned out that i wasn't I was crushed. And when the day came that I was actually pregnant, I could hardly contain my happiness. Yeah, Braidon still has collage, I still have collage, but yet I am at peace with this. Heavenly father knows what is best for us. We're both beyond excited for her to get here. We love her so much already, and know that the decision to become pregnant was definately the right thing for us. She is going to be the greatest blessing in our home, I can hardly wait to meet this precious angel.
Looking back, my life sure has led me to where I need to be. I learned to be a hard worker as a child growing up out in this little rural town. Track is where I fell in love with Braidon, and I learned what dedication ment. Collage is where I learned to pick myself back up after I fall. To forgive myself for my mistakes and go forward with more faith. And now, I'm learning what my most important mission is here on this earth; being a good wife and mother. What a blessing the gospel is in our lives. Never will there be a greater joy than this plan that Heavenly Father has given us. What a privilage!

2 comments:

elysebeard said...

what a beautiful post :) Miss you! Can't wait for little miss to get here

Bobbi Hinton said...

I love this post Julie. It really does put a lot in perspective. You are so beautiful and you are going to make one awesome mother. That little girl is lucky.