Thursday, June 28, 2012

Grateful and Blessed Am I

So....
Here in Michigan, I live a rather simple life. Simple meaning: nearly zero adult contact/conversation, and sitting in a very small apartment all day long. But, I do have the best life, as in; I get to spend all day with my sweet KenLea, and I wouldn't want it any other way! Stating the obvious, babies really don't do a whole lot. They are entertained very easy. Basically, they wake up, they eat, they read, they nap, they play within the living room, and they sleep. Pretty simple. And most days spend a little time outside, getting some fresh air. Outside time consists of running around on the grass area, pointing out any wild life, and if lucky, going down a slide or two. Before having a baby, most adults don't spend their day doing these things. We usually sleep to our liking, get a work out in, go to work, and on days off, we can play sports, go to a movie, etc. But never, well I never, sat home in my living room all day, playing on the floor with random toys and books. You would think, a life of a stay at home mother is boring, monotonous, and tiresome. But, on the contrary there is nothing better! There is nothing more tiresome and hard, yet at the same time overly exciting, fun, gratifying, and worth-while.
KenLea has taught me so much, more than any of the 22 years prior to her birth. She really is a miraculous life. Her spirit is so strong. She sure sets a high standard for us in our house. She is the most kind sweet person I know. She passes no judgement. She gives the biggest smiles and the best hugs. She has the best sense of humor! She is beyond brilliant. And I'm so blessed to be able to spend so much time with such an amazing spirit.
As I sit here, going on and on about my precious daughter, it makes me think about how as time goes by here in Michigan, I obviously start missing my family and friends more and more. I've found that time away really makes a person appreciate the people in their life more. I really have to say, I have the best family and the most amazing friends. I really do. I hear of people who have fights with family and friends, and I can honestly say that I feel that I've never had that problem, and it's not because I am just a easy-going, fabulous person, but rather that my family and friends are so amazing. As I think about my friends, I'm so grateful that we can all talk so easily. I'm probably the most reserved out of everybody. I think of myself as a listener, well most times. Most of my friends are already mothers and if not, they are mothers at heart, and we all have the same standards and general goals in life. We know the importance of family, and it is obvious that that is a priority. I appreciate that we can all talk about our children, and not feel like it's a competition. I always see on TV, or hear of people always trying to "top" each other on how they or their child is better than everybody else's. We all know how much we love are children, and we know that's how it should be. And we all care about each other and each others children as well. We can share events and progress about our children freely and with joy, because we know that we all care and are understanding, and honestly are interested in each other. How many people can say that about their friends?! Sadly not many. But, I can, and how awesome is that!
I really couldn't be more blessed to have the family, sisters, and friends that I have. I miss all of my sisters so much. And it fills my heart with joy, that I have all of them in my life. They are all so beautiful, and really are my best friends!
And here is a video, just because it makes me laugh through out the entire thing. It's a little long, but so cute! And maybe I just think that because I'm her mother, but seriously! :) I recommend zooming in, due to my technological incompetency, because it's pretty darn small.

And you know what I find supper annoying embarrassing? Is that I have this pet peeve, which is when people smack their gum. And guess what! I'm doing that through out that whole video! I gotta watch that! Urk!
A big thanks to Heavenly Father for blessing me with the most amazing family and friends. And for blessing me with days full of simple joys, of being with the most sweet daughter of God. Love you all!

1 comment:

Bobbi Hinton said...

Oh my goodness! She is so dang cute. Love her dancing! I can't get over how adorable she is.