Saturday, June 9, 2012

Soap Box

Hmmm...today is one of those days where my brain is going a million miles an hour. (Not including the two hour nap I took with KenLea of course.) Anyways, I've read and seen a lot of controversial articles today. And not that anybody really cares about my opinion, but hey that's what these blog things are for right? Here are some of my thoughts:
First off, is anybody else sick of hearing this whole "nursing in public" crap. One: I am a big advocate of breast feeding. Heck, I breastfed for ten months. Two: I have no problem with breast feeding in public. No problem what so ever, that is; if you aren't showing me your ladies. I mean really?! And three: stop with the whole, "Well if it's acceptable for people to dress like this in a restaurant, "this" being a very immodest, revealing outfit/uniform, then it should be okay for people to let their breast hang out while breast feeding. Now, who said it was "okay" to wear the revealing outfit? I for one think the revealing outfit is inappropriate. So, I also think the breast hanging out while feeding is inappropriate as well. See there are these things:
Beautifully modest!
They are awesome! Use them! Enough said.
Second: I gotta give a shout out to this amazing blog! Go read it here http://debeard.blogspot.com/2012/06/moments.html, it's absolutely awesome! As, her blogs always are. I always leave her blog either laughing hysterically, crying, or in deep thought. She's going to get some recognition for her amazing writing skills someday, I just know it!
Third: The other day, as I was scrolling through facebook I came across a post that seriously upset me. And I honestly don't get upset or offended too easy. You gotta either speak ill of our armed forces, my faith,  my friends or family to get me going. Well, just so you get the idea of the post I came across; It basically said that anybody who complains about being up all night with a baby, or dealing with child drama, is a pathetic piece of scum and should be ashamed of themselves, and should just be happy. My thoughts: We are all given different trials in our lives. Some are big and some are small. But, Heavenly Father doesn't look over any of our heartaches. Just because your trial may seem small compared to someone else, it doesn't mean your heartache is any less important to our Heavenly Father. He loves us all equally, and yes, sometimes we need to step back and try to look at things more positively and recognize our blessings, but don't accuse someone of being selfish and uncaring just because they complained that they are tired because their little one kept them up all night.
Fourth: I came across a link to this blog today http://www.joshweed.com. Um wow, what an awesome family! Who are we to judge. I for one can either be extremely reserved, but in some situations I can be very prideful and set in my thoughts and ways, and not be afraid in making it known. I really try not to judge others, sometimes it's hard and I find myself having judgmental thoughts. I find myself thinking disappointing thoughts towards people when I know they "know better."  Which in reality I should be disappointed in myself for thinking that, because I have been raised and taught well and I myself make mistakes everyday.
As I step of my soap box, I want to leave one simple thought with you...

Have a beautiful weekend. Loves!




2 comments:

elysebeard said...

Love soap boxes! You are awesome. And thanks for the shout out. You are sweet ;)

Lauren and Clay Christensen said...

AGREED! You go girl! Miss you!